Good morning! Happy Sunday!
It’s a perfect day for a healthy brekkie don’t you think?! 😉
I have for you a really a fun way to eat your morning oats! I wish I could take credit for this, but my lovely mommy showed me this recipe and I’ve been hooked ever since!
I present to you the Oatmeal Roti! This is super yummy you guys, and depending on how you dress it up, it’s pretty dang healthy too! It takes less than 10 minutes to make! What?! Yea, it’s that easy to make and you won’t regret it one bit! 😀
Serves one (2 rotis)
- A cup of oatmeal (I used Quaker Old Fashioned Oats)
- One tbspn of flaxseed (Optional – I used Carrington Farm’s Organic Milled Flaxseeds)
- One tspn of baking powder
- A tspn of olive oil (Or unsalted butter)
- Take your oatmeal and run it through a grinder to make oat flour and put it in a bowl.
- Then mix in the flaxseed and baking powder to your oat flour.
- Add water to this mix until you get a batter that is not too runny or too thick. (You can also add milk or kefir if you chose! Feel free to experiment!)
4. Warm up a griddle to medium heat and lightly grease it with olive oil (or unsalted butter).
5. Split your batter in half and use a spoon to scoop it into the griddle forming a nice little round roti (note: these roti’s are the size of a silver dollar pancake) (note 2: it’s totally okay if you don’t get a nice circle…ovals and abstract shapes taste just as good!)
6. Cook it on each side for roughly 45 seconds (might take more or less depending on your preference and your griddle – mine usually turn out soft and chewy and slightly crispy on the outside…it’s sooo yummm!)
Dressing this baby up is the fun part! Here are a few of my favorites!
Oatmeal Roti with Spicy coconut sambal (let me know if you would like the recipe!):
Oatmeal Roti topped with cream cheese fruit dip and blueberries:
Oatmeal Roti topped with peanut butter (or almond butter) and apple slices:
Oatmeal roti made with onions and green chili (let me know if you would like the recipe!):
I hope you try this out and push your oatmeal boundaries! If you do, please share a pic or leave a comment, I’d love to hear from you!
Have a fabulous day lovelies!